|Preparing Records for
1. Records to be sent to our off-site facility are identified by
referring to the records retention policies.
2. Off-site storage boxes are obtained from Records Management.
3. The records are packed in the boxes. Boxes must contain only records
having identical retention periods.
4. The boxes are marked with a temporary box number of your choice.
5. The Records
Transmittal Form is completed, placed near the box(es) and an e-mail
is sent to Records Management.
6. Records Management will "process" the boxes: assign them
permanent box numbers and write them on the Transmittal Form, give you a
copy of the form and affix the bar code number to the boxes, scan the
boxes, and enter the information into the records database.
7. Within a week after "processing", the boxes will be picked up
and sent off-site.